Throw together a deliciously spiced and super healthy dish in no time flat. This recipe is great as a side dish or vegetarian meal.
- Prep Time 15 minutes
- Cook Time 15 minutes
- Total Time 30 minutes
- Servings 4 people
- Calories 472 cal
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 medium red onion chopped
- 1 yellow bell pepper chopped
- 1 carrot chopped into cubes
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- salt & pepper to taste
- ½ teaspoon paprika
- ½ teaspoon ground coriander
- ¼ teaspoon turmeric
- ½ teaspoon celery salt
- ½ teaspoon ground cumin
- ⅛ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- cayenne pepper optional, to taste
- 1 cup frozen peas
- 1 14oz can chickpeas drained
- 6 Peppadew Piquante peppers chopped, mild or hot
- 1½ cups chicken stock or vegetable stock
- A good handful fresh parsley chopped
- 1 cup instant couscous
- In a medium-size skillet heat the oil over medium heat.
- Add red onion, yellow pepper, and carrot sauté 10-15 minutes or until all the vegetables are your desired tenderness
- Add the garlic, sauté another minute.
- Mix in the salt & pepper, paprika, ground coriander, turmeric, celery salt, cumin ground cinnamon, and cayenne pepper (if using). Stir-fry until fragrant (about a minute).
- Add the frozen peas and cook briefly. Stir in the piquante peppers and chickpeas. Followed by the stock.
- Add the chopped parsley and stir in the couscous. Remove from heat and let stand 5 minutes or until liquid is absorbed. Fluff and serve.
- This recipe calls for instant couscous. Instant couscous is cooked by covering it with water and leaving it to sit for 5 minutes.
- Read the package instructions for your couscous. If the directions and measurements, do not match the recipe instructions, just adjust the liquid measurement according to the amount of couscous in the recipe, add the spices and follow then follow the package instructions. Once cooked, add the vegetables and mix to combine.
Calories: 472cal | Carbohydrates: 77g | Protein: 17g | Fat: 10g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Sodium: 780mg | Potassium: 621mg | Fiber: 13g | Sugar: 10g | Vitamin A: 3515IU | Vitamin C: 91.9mg | Calcium: 89mg | Iron: 5.1mg Recipe from: Author Erren Hart