What’s for dinner tonight. Low Carb Mexican – Chicken Enchilada Stuffed Peppers! These were fabulous! I had to make them again and try it with a little beef. They could also be done without any meat, just increase the beans so you are still getting enough protein!
- 3 medium bell peppers, any color
- 2 cups cooked and shredded chicken (I baked it while prepping the other ingredients)
- 1 (10oz) can enchilada sauce
- 1 (4oz) can diced green chiles
- 1/2 cup frozen corn
- 1/2 cup black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1/4 cup fresh cilantro, finely chopped
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp chili powder
- 1 cup shredded Monterrey Jack cheese, divided
- 1/4 cup chicken broth or water
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Spray a large baking dish with cooking spray and set aside.
- Remove stems from peppers, slice iin half lengthwise and scrap out membranes and seeds. Set aside
- In a large bowl, combine the chicken, enchilada sauce, green chiles, corn, black beans, cilantro, cumin, garlic powder, salt, chili powder and 1/2 cup of the cheese. Mix together
- Pour chicken broth into the bottom of the prepared pan. Spoon the chicken enchilada filling evenly into the pepper halfs and place in the baking dish. Sprinkle the remaining 1/2 cheese over the top of the stuffed peppers.
- Cover the pan with aluminum foil and bake in the preheated oven for 45 minutes. Remove aluminum foil and return to the oven to bake for an additional 10-15 minutes until peppers are soft and the cheese is melted. Serve with your favorite toppings, such as sour cream, diced avacado, dices tomato, and chopped cilantro. Enjoy!
Calories: 267cal | Carbohydrates: 16g | Protein: 19g | Fat: 13g | Saturated Fat: 6g | Sodium: 887mg | Potassium: 378mg | Fiber: 4g | Sugar: 5g | Vitamin A: 2510IU | Vitamin C: 85.1mg | Calcium: 174mg | Iron: 2.2mg