This is certainly one of our most favorite recipes. It’s quick, simple, nutritions, and economical.
- 4 teaspoons olive oil, divided
- 2 tablespoons plus 1 1/2 teaspoons low-sodium soy sauce, divided
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 1/2 pounds medium peeled and deveined fresh or thawed frozen shrimp
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh ginger
- 8 ounces white mushrooms, quartered
- 4 scallions, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 large bell pepper, any color, cut into thin strips
- 8 ounces snow peas, strings removed
- 1/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- Any other vegetable you have in your refrigerator and want to add – we love brocolli!
- Whisk together 2 teaspoons of the oil, 1 1/2 teaspoons of the soy sauce, and garlic in a large bowl; add shrimp and toss to coat.
- Lightly coat a large skillet or wok with cooking spray and heat over high heat. Add shrimp and cook until pink, 2 minutes. Transfer to a plate.
- Prepare rice, pasta, or rice noodles for variation or not if you really want a low calorie meal.
- Heat remaining oil in the same skillet over high heat; add ginger and cook 30 seconds. Add mushrooms, scallions, bell pepper, snow peas, all other vegetables, and red pepper flakes and cook until vegetables are crisp-tender, about 4 minutes. Stir in shrimp and remaining soy sauce and toss to combine. Serve hot.
- Nutrition facts are without the rice or noodles added in so you will need to consider that.