This is a classic and flavorful dish accompanied with green beans.
Ingredients: (2 servings)
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 teaspoon dried rosemary
- ½ teaspoon dried tarragon
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ¼ ground black pepper
- 8 – 10 once flank steak
- 1 teaspoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 2/3 cup cherry tomatoes, halved
- ½ teaspoon dried parsley
- 6 pitted Kalamata olives, coarsely chopped
- 6 pitted green olives, coarsely chopped
- 8 large fresh basil leaves, chopped
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- ½ tablespoon red wine vinegar
- For steak: Mix first 6 ingredients in small bowl. Place steak in glass baking dish. Brush steak with olive oil. Rub with herb mixture. Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate at least 1 hour and up to 8 hours.
- For tomatoes: Mix all ingredients in large bowl. Season tomatoes to taste with salt and pepper. Can be made 2 hours ahead. Let stand at room temperature.
- Prepare barbecue (medium-high heat). Grill steaks until cooked to desired doneness, about 4 minutes per side for medium. Transfer steaks to cutting board. Cover with foil. Let stand 5 minutes.
- Cut steak across grain into ½ -inch-thick slices. Arrange steak slices on large platter. Spoon tomatoes with juices over steak and serve.