- 1 medium-large head cauliflower (or 4 cups frozen cauliflower rice thawed)
- 1 1/4 lbs large (21/25) shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1 (14 oz) can black beans, drained and rinsed well
- 1 ear corn, shucked and kernels cut from cob, (or 1 cup frozen corn, thawed)
- 1 (4oz) can diced mild green chilies, drained*
- 1/2 cup sliced green onions, white and light green portion
- 1 Tbsp minced garlic
- 2 1/2 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 tsp lime zest
- 2 Tbsp fresh lime juice
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1/3 cup chopped cilantro
- 1 small avocado, sliced
Preheat a gas grill over moderately high heat to about 450 – 475 degrees.
Cut cauliflower florets from head, leaving behind as much stem as possible.
Working in 2 or 3 batches, pulse florets in a food processor until cauliflower is finely chopped (it should look similar to couscous). Measure out 4 cups and transfer to a large bowl.
Add shrimp to bowl along with black beans, corn, green chilies, green onions, garlic, olive oil, lime zest, lime juice, and cumin. Season with salt and pepper (about 1 tsp salt 1/4 tsp pepper) then toss gently to evenly coat.
Cut 4 sheets of 15 by 12-inch heavy duty aluminum foil. Lay sheets individually on a flat surface.
Divide shrimp mixture evenly among foil sheets, placing each mound in the center of the foil.
Bring sides of foil inward then fold together twice and to seal, then fold ends up (and work to leave a little extra space inside for heat to circulate so everything cooks evenly, I like to pull up on the top crimp).
Grill packets until shrimp has cooked through (it should appear pink in color), about 9 – 11 minutes.
Carefully open each packet and toss in cilantro. Serve warm with avocado slices.
Recipe source: Cooking Classy
Amount Per Serving
Calories 503Calories from Fat 153
% Daily Value*
Saturated Fat 2g13%
Vitamin A 405IU8%
Vitamin C 108.7mg132%
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2000 calorie diet.
Nutrition values are estimates only.