This recipe features a refreshing combination of flavors from the salad ingredients and the vinaigrette that will surprise you. Enjoy!
- 1 8-10 oz. chicken breast, seasoned with black pepper
- 1 cup cooked quinoa
- ¼ cup fresh, grilled, or frozen organic sweet corn
- ½ cup cooked low black beans (rinsed and drained)
– (seasoned with 1/8 tsp sea salt, 1/8 tsp cumin, 1/8 tsp chili powder, 1/8 tsp garlic powder)
- ¼ cup red onion, diced small
- ½ large ripe avocado, diced
- ¼ cup fresh cilantro leaves, chopped
Vinaigrette Dressing Ingredients:
- 1 tbsp lime juice
- 2 tbsp fresh squeezed orange juice
- ½ tsp maple syrup, or raw honey
- 1 tsp harissa sauce, or more to taste
- 1/8 tsp cumin
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- ½ tbsp fresh minced cilantro
- 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
Directions: (Serves 2-3)
- Grill chicken on medium-high for 15 minutes.
- In medium sauce pan over low heat, gently warm the black beans stirring in the seasonings.
- Add corn, stir to warm, remove from heat.
- Prepare vinaigrette by whisking all ingredients until well combined.
- Gently toss all salad ingredients together in large glass bowl.
- Toss with vinaigrette immediately before serving.
- Serve warm, room temperature, or chilled.