This Italian inspired recipe packs a wonderful amount of flavor and protein. It can be used as a main dish or as a side dish.
Roasting those tomatoes brought out such a sweetness. The crushed chili 🌶 peppers and garlic added some nice spice.
Ingredients: (2 servings)
- 1 cup cubed (1″ pieces) hearty wheat bread (2.5 oz.)
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 pound cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1 can (15 oz.) no-salt-added cannellini beans, rinsed and drained
- ¼ cup packed fresh basil, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped
- ½ teaspoon crushed red pepper
- Salt and black pepper
- ¼ cup grated Parmesan cheese
- Heat oven to 350°F. On large, rimmed baking sheet, toss bread with oil. Bake until golden, stirring halfway through, 8 to 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in large bowl, combine tomatoes, beans, basil, garlic, red pepper, ½ teaspoon salt and ¼ teaspoon black pepper. Add bread; toss to combine.
- Transfer mixture to shallow 6- to 7-cup baking dish. Sprinkle with cheese; bake until top is golden, about 40 minutes. Let cool 10 minutes.