Ingredients: (2 servings)
• 1 tablespoons olive oil
• ½ pound whole small carrots, peeled, tops on, and halved lengthwise
• ¼ teaspoon salt
• 2 cloves garlic, thinly sliced
• ¼ cup whipping cream
• 1 teaspoon cayenne pepper
• In an extra-large skillet cook carrots, cut sides down, in hot oil. Sprinkle with salt. Cook, covered, for 10 minutes. Uncover. Turn carrots, add garlic. Cover and continue cooking for 10 minutes more or until carrots are tender and both sides are golden brown. During cooking, gently shake skillet occasionally to prevent carrots from sticking. Transfer carrots to serving plate, cover and keep warm.
• Add cream and cayenne pepper to skillet. Bring to boiling. Reduce heat; boil gently, uncovered, for 2 to 4 minutes until cream is slightly thickened. Pour over carrots. Serve immediately.
2 thoughts on “Caramelized carrots with cayenne cream sauce”