Ingredients: (Serves 2)
- 8-10 ounce fish fillets skin on or off
- 1 Tbls. olive oil
- kosher salt and pepper
- 3 medium ripe plums seeded and chopped
- 1/4 cup red onion finely diced
- 1 jalapeno pepper seeded and minced
- 1/4 cup red bell pepper finely diced
- 1/2 tsp fresh minced ginger.
- 1/4 tsp sesame oil
- 2 Tbls rice vinegar
- 1 tsp lime juice
- 2 Tbls cilantro chopped
To prepare salsa, combine all ingredients in a bowl and toss lightly to combine flavors. Rest at room temperature for 30 minutes. Rub fish with oil and season with salt and pepper. Place on a medium-hot grill and cook on both sides until just cooked. Spoon salsa over fish.
If your plums are a little tart, you can add a pinch of brown sugar. For a little more heat, add some minced habanero pepper or Padron peppers.