This is such a flavorful and healthy dish. The marinade time is minimal, so get that started first before you prepare your sides.
Ingredients: (Chimichurri flank steak)
- 1 flank steak 12 Oz. in weight
- ½ cup fresh cilantro
- 6-7 leaves mint
- 2-3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tsp cayenne red chili peppers
- ½ tsp salt
- ½ tsp black pepper freshly cracked
- ½ tsp paprika mild, spicy, or smoked
- ½ tsp dried oregano
- 2 tbsp red wine vinegar
- 2 tbsp lime juice
- 2 tbsp olive oil, extra virgin
- Combine all ingredients in a food processor and blitz until everything is puréed.
- Place flank steak in a plastic zipper bag and pour in half of the marinade. Reserve the other half of the marinade to drizzle over the steak once it has been grilled.
- Mix the steak around in the bag with the marinade to coat all of the meat. Seal the bag, squeezing out all of the air inside. Place in the refrigerator for 1-8 hours.
- Place the steak on the hot part of the grill, flatten the steak out so that it cooks evenly.
- When pockets of red juice begin to surface on the top of the meat (approximately 5-6 minutes depending on the heat of the grill and thickness of the steak), flip the steak. Continue to cook for another 5-6 minutes and then drizzle the remainder of the marinade over top for one minute.
- Remove the steak from the grill and let it rest on a cutting board.
- Slice the steak on a bias against the grain.
Ingredients: (Parmesan zucchini and corn)
- 2 tbsp Olive oil
- 2 cloves Garlic, minced
- 2 Zucchini, cut bite size (can use squash as well)
- ½ cup Corn kernels (frozen or fresh)
- ¼ tsp Dried basil
- ¼ tsp Dried oregano
- ¼ tsp Dried thyme
- Kosher Salt
- freshly ground Black pepper
- 1 tbsp Lime juice
- 1 tbsp fresh leaves Cilantro
- 1 tbsp Parmesan cheese
- Add the olive oil to a large pan or skillet and heat over medium high heat.
- Add the garlic to the pan and cook for about 1 minute, stirring constantly until fragrant.
- Add the zucchini, corn, basil, oregano, and thyme to the garlic and cook for 3-4 minutes until the zucchini has softened slightly. Stir occasionally to ensure even cooking.
- Season to taste with salt and pepper. Stir in the lime juice and cilantro and mix well.
- Sprinkle with parmesan and serve immediately.