This is such a healthy dish yet so flavorful and satisfying! You won’t even miss the tortilla!
- 3 medium bell peppers, , any color (I used orange, red, and yellow)
- 2 cups cooked and shredded chicken
- 1 (10 oz) can enchilada sauce
- 1 (4 oz) can diced green chiles
- 1/2 cup frozen corn
- 1/2 cup black beans,, drained and rinsed
- 1/4 cup fresh cilantro, finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 cup shredded Monterrey Jack cheese, divided
- 1/4 cup chicken broth or water
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Spray a large baking dish with cooking spray and set aside.
- Remove stems from peppers, slice in half lengthwise and and scrape out membranes and seeds. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, combine the chicken, enchilada sauce, green chiles, corn, black beans, cilantro, cumin, garlic powder, salt, chili powder, and 1/2 cup of the Monterrey Jack cheese. Mix everything together well.
- Pour chicken broth into the bottom of prepared pan. Spoon the chicken enchilada filling evenly into the pepper halves and place in the baking dish. Sprinkle the remaining 1/2 cup of cheese over the tops of the stuffed peppers.
- Cover the pan with aluminum foil and bake in the preheated oven for 45 minutes. Remove aluminum foil and return to the oven to bake for an additional 10-15 minutes until peppers are soft and cheese is melted. Serve with your favorite toppings, such as sour cream, diced avocado, diced tomato, and chopped cilantro. Enjoy!
Calories: 267kcal | Carbohydrates: 16g | Protein: 19g | Fat: 13g | Saturated Fat: 6g | Cholesterol: 56mg | Sodium: 887mg | Potassium: 378mg | Fiber: 4g | Sugar: 5g | Vitamin A: 2510IU | Vitamin C: 85.1mg | Calcium: 174mg | Iron: 2.2mg