This is a quick, healthy, and flavorful dish. I had most of the herbs still growing in my garden and just had a taste for some shrimp and asparagus. We both enjoyed this easy dish. This recipe serves two people and is ready in about 30 minutes!
- 3 ounces uncooked angel hair pasta
- 1/2 pound uncooked shrimp (16-20 per pound), peeled and deveined
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 2 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 8 fresh asparagus spears, trimmed and cut into 2-inch pieces
- 1/2 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1/2 cup tomato or halfed cherry tomato
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 teaspoons chopped green onion
- 1/2 cup white wine or chicken broth
- 1-1/2 teaspoons minced fresh basil
- 1-1/2 teaspoons minced fresh oregano
- 1-1/2 teaspoons minced fresh parsley
- 1-1/2 teaspoons minced fresh thyme
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- Lemon wedges
- Prep all vegetables and herbs as this will cook very quickly once started.
- Put pasta water on the stove to begin heating and put the oven on Bake 400 degrees.
- In small mixing bowl toss shrimp, 2 cloves garlic and 1 tbls oil, pepper flakes, and salt. Set aside while pasta water is heating and oven is heating to 400 degrees.
- Once oven temp is reached, put the shrimp in a baking dish. Cook for approx. 8 mins.
- Determine cooking time of the pasta (ours takes 3 mins. so we drop our pasta into the boiling water after the shrimp as cooked for 6 mins.)
- While the shrimp is cooking, stir-fry the vegetables in 1 tbls oil until vegetables are crisp-tender, about 5 minutes. Add wine and seasonings.
- Drop pasta and cook according to package directions. Drain pasta.
- Add wine and seasonings to the vegetable mixture, add shrimp to the mixture (including the extra juices), add the pasta and toss all gently. Cook and stir until heated, 1-2 mins.
- Sprinkle with parmesan cheese and serve with lemon wedges.
Note: Optional cooking method for shrimp. The shrimp can be stir-fried in olive oil instead of cooking in the oven. I prefer the baked flavor over the stir-fry and it can cook while I am working on the vegetables.
2 thoughts on “Asparagus & Shrimp with Angel Hair Pasta”
So beautiful to behold!