I believe that in my Christian upbringing and studies, I did not realize until recently that I completely did not grasp the relevancy of the Holy Spirit in my life! And now that I have this understanding I have experienced more JOY and PEACE and less fear and anxiety beyond belief. So I decided to take note of some key scriptures highlighting these points that were recently revealed to me. Here are my summary notes:
“May the grace of our Lord Jesus Christ, and the Love of God, and the fellowship of the Holy Spirit, be with you”. (2 Corinthians 13:14) In this scripture there is a distinction between God the Father, Jesus Christ the Son, and the Holy Spirit – (The Trinity – One God, triune in nature; One God, three persons).
The Trinity (defined with the CREATION Narrative)
God the Father – Made a Decision and Created Man (Genesis 1:26)
God Jesus Christ the Son – Became flesh (John 1:1; John 1:14) The Word of God was with God in the beginning … and the Word became flesh and made his dwelling among us.
God The Holy Spirit – The Spirit of God existed and hovered over the water during creation (Genesis 1:2)
The Trinity (defined with the SALVATION Narrative)
God the Father – Planned Salvation (Luke 22:42) (Ephesians 1:4-10; & vs 13) “We were chosen and predestined and marked in Jesus with a seal”
God Jesus Christ the Son – Accomplished Salvation through his death and clearly identifies as the Son of God. (Luke 22:67-69)
God The Holy Spirit – available to us to assist in Applying our salvation and is promised to all who are Christians as a deposit guaranteeing our inheritance (Ephesians 1: 13-14); Our Father in heaven will give the Holy Spirit to those who ask! (Luke 11:11-13)
- We are all human and sinners and regardless of how hard we try not to sin, not to be full of fear and anxiety, depression, etc. we are not capable on our own.
- The Holy Spirit helps us in our weakness and knows what we ought to pray for and intercedes himself in accordance with Gods will. (Romans 8:26-27).
- The Holy Spirit helps us to apply the free gift of salvation in our lives each day.
Here are some ways to begin to experience the benefits of being a Christian engaged with the Holy Spirit in a way that you may not yet have experienced. If this is you today, then get ready to experience God in a new and more indepth relationship!
- After acknowledging Jesus Christ as your Lord and Savior and asking for forgiveness of your sins, specifically ask God to receive the Holy Spirit and God will give the Holy Spirit to you as it is written. Luke 11:11-13
- Jesus is preparing to leave and ascend to heaven and promises the Holy Spirit. John 14: 16-28
- The Counselor, the Holy Spirit, WHOM my Father will send in my name. John 14:26
- Jesus opened the disciples understanding of the bible and the Holy Spirit clothed them in Power. Luke 24:45-49
- Feed the Holy Spirit by Reading the Scriptures (Isaiah 55:11 as the scriptures will never come back empty but will accomplish what God has intended)
- The Holy Spirit will do the rest! (Philippians 1:6) God will complete the good work in you that he started when you heard and believed the Gospel)!
- God can do more than all we ask or imagine (Ephesians 3:20, 21)
- Eye has not seen nor ear heard…which God hath prepared for them that love him (1 Corinthians 2:9)
- The love of God has been poured out within our hearts through the Holy Spirit who was given us.
Additional Scriptures: (I will add in the scriptures and a few more attributes of the Holy Spirit as time allows).
- Acts 1:8 – You will receive Power from the Holy Spirit
- 1 Peter 1:5 – You will receive Protection
- 1 Peter 5:7 – Cast your anxiety and fears on him
- Romans 8: 5-15 References Life and walking in the Spirit
- Ephesians 4; What your focus should be walking with the Holy Spirit
- Acts 20: 22-23 Paul is drawn by the irresistible Holy Spirit and is in ongoing conversation
- Acts 8:26-29 The Spirit TOLD Philip (the Spirit speaks and he can speak to you)!