For the first time in history, over 1,000 scientists representing more than 130 universities participating in the Human Brain Project have accurately counted the number of neurons in the brain—an impressive 89 billion. (Neurons are cells of the nervous system that control our ability to learn, pay attention, make decisions, and balance.) Even the best computers, which are equivalent to about 200 million brain cells, still have less than 1 millionth the potential of the human brain!
Although the human brain is a powerhouse, it experiences changes that can impair cognition during aging. Research has found progressive declines in memory, learning, attention, balance, motor movement, and decision-making for those older than 35. Imaging of the human brain confirms cell losses in discrete areas that accompany specific cognitive impairments:
- Prefrontal cortex: A crucial area for attention, decision-making, and working memory.
- Hippocampus: Its neurons produce the neurotransmitter acetylcholine—essential for the formation of new memories.
- Motor cortex: The substantia nigra whose neurons produce the neurotransmitter dopamine—critical for attention, decision-making, working memory, balance, and motor movement.
With such a magnificent organ, it makes good sense to take care of it and nurture it every day. The good news is the Isagenix Brain and Sleep Support System was designed precisely for that purpose and that’s why it’s in the spotlight!
The Isagenix Brain and Sleep Support System
The latest research shows that age-related cognitive decline begins in healthy adults in their 30s and continues throughout advanced aging. Addressing brain health support and cognitive function early in life can dramatically support a better quality of life in later years.
Brain Boost & Renewal™ is a multifunctional product scientifically formulated to support healthy brain function, including mental focus, concentration, decision-making, and memory. When taken daily, Brain Boost & Renewal can support your ability to learn new information and provides dietary support for aiding memory and overall brain function.†
Sleep Support & Renewal™ offers the second strategy to healthy brain support by assisting in quality restful sleep. Millions of people suffer the consequences of impaired sleep. In addition to loss of mental clarity and brain function, lack of quality sleep can decrease metabolism and physical performance, increase your appetite, and lead to binge eating, weight gain, increased stress, fatigue, and a compromised immune system. Sleep Support & Renewal is a unique, nonhabit-forming spray complex containing melatonin, L-theanine, and valerian root that help support quality sleep.† A restful night’s sleep supports healthy aging, immune function, and cardiovascular and brain health.
Optimizing Brain Nutrition
In collaboration with Isagenix scientists, Dr. Michael Colgan, Ph.D., CCN, began research focused on brain nutrition. The team reviewed hundreds of studies to identify a number of ingredients that support different parts of brain function. Several of these studies reported nutrient combinations that worked together to support brain function beyond the use of individual nutrients alone.†
To evaluate Brain Boost & Renewal, Dr. Colgan and Isagenix performed a pilot study comparing the product against two other formulations. After six weeks of supplementation with one of the three products, the subjects underwent four cognitive assessments. The results with Brain Boost & Renewal were impressive:
- Memory functions were tested by measuring how many items a subject could keep in the mind at a time, using online-based programs to assess the brain’s memory. The results showed a 19 percent increase in memory retention.
- Quicker brain response was tested by measuring visual motor skills in which participants were given a pencil-to-paper, trail-making test to indicate cognitive impairment and executive function. The results showed a 12 percent increase in overall cognitive function measured by improved response time.
- Balance was tested by requiring participants to balance on one leg with their arms out and eyes closed while being timed for duration, and results showed a 33 percent increase in balance duration time.
- Decision-making was measured by testing how quickly the brain could process incoming information using hearing equipment that delivered rapid sounds in which participants would determine the measure of pitch being either high, low, or both. The results showed a 33 percent increase in decision-making based on improved response time.
To order the Brain and Sleep Support System today, select Our Products on the menu bar.
†These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. These products are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.
One thought on “Benefits of the Isagenix Brain and Sleep Support System”