A great value!!!
$2.50 for 12 oz.
March 9 – 15
link to purchase
How do you choose to stay hydrated? I have never consumed lots of carbonated beverages, energy drinks, high sugar sodas, pops, etc. But I do have an arsenal of healthy drinks that I enjoy for different situations, when I’m just thirsty, or the health benefits I am seeking at the moment. Some of them have natural caffeine – here are some science geek facts on that. (See bottom of post to meet the Ingredients in BĒA)
In addition to the caffeine, a couple of my favorite beverages take advantage of adaptogens too. Here is the scoop on the adaptogens.
**Caffeine – when consumed at a moderate dose, does a great job at keeping a person energized and alert. Because caffeine is a stimulant, it quickly results in wakefulness and helps fight fatigue. On a molecular level, caffeine works because it’s similar to the neurotransmitter adenosine. Throughout the day or when you’re lacking rest, adenosine builds up near certain receptors in the brain and signals the brain to slow down nerve activity. This, in turn, causes feelings of drowsiness and tiredness. When you consume caffeine, it takes the place of adenosine on the receptors in the brain. By keeping adenosine from signaling tiredness, caffeine speeds up nerve cells, waking you up and improving focus. This isn’t anything new to most people because nearly 80% of U.S. adults already consume some kind of caffeinated beverage daily and know the results first hand.
**Adaptogens – Adaptogens are a variety of bioactive plant compounds that work in a completely different way than stimulants to improve physical and mental performance. (Think Eastern World plant botanicals and extracts used for medicinal purposes for thousands of years)! Unlike caffeine, adaptogens work by normalizing the body’s functions under stress. Adaptogens do this by specifically helping the body “adapt” (hence the name) to better resist the effects of a given stressor. These can range from physical stressors like athletic activity to mental stressors like writing. Recent studies have found that adaptogens reduce mental fatigue, improve physical endurance, and can aid recovery after intense physical activity.
**More and more people are discovering the benefits of the combination of adaptogens with a moderate dose of caffeine to deliver a steady rise of energy and improved focus. These two ingredients work together so you can benefit from the unique energizing effects of each. For me, I also really sense a reduction of anxiety and just overall well being.
I have several choices to incorporate these into my daily regimen:
– BEA Berry Bellini – Botanical, Energy, and Adaptogens drink that has a slight effervescence that is amazingly refreshing! All natural with less than 1 gram of sugar, 10 calories, plus the nutrients of 5-6 fruits and vegetables! Tastes fabulous.**
– Organic Coffee – strategically sourced and specifically process to avoid toxins, green tea extract, and coconut oil for an amazing depth of flavor, low acidity, and so smooth!
– Botanical Adaptogens – that can be consumed in a 1 oz shot anytime throughout the day or used as a tea
– Energy Shot – I love these and prefer them before a workout or a night out! 3oz does the trick in multiple flavors too!
Here’s a deeper look at the ingredients that make BĒA unique.
Fruit and vegetable extract blend: This blend of plant-based nutrients starts with real fruits and vegetables: spinach, broccoli, carrot, sweet potato, orange, apple, strawberry, shiitake mushroom, and maitake mushroom. The naturally occurring vitamins in these foods are concentrated to deliver nutrition from fruits and vegetables.
Green tea leaf extract: This provides a natural source of caffeine along with polyphenol phytonutrients that boost metabolism, spark energy, and improve mental performance (1, 2).
Ashwagandha root powder: An ancient Ayurvedic herb, ashwagandha is an adaptogen shown to help the body adapt to the effects of physical and mental stress (3, 4).
Sea mineral concentrate: Prepared by concentrating the naturally occurring minerals in desalinated sea water, this ingredient improves flavor while providing trace minerals.
Raspberry ketone: As the primary aromatic component in red raspberries, raspberry ketone contributes to BĒA’s fruit flavor profile.
Erythritol: A naturally occurring sugar alcohol in fruits including grapes, peaches, and watermelon, erythritol has a sweet taste and has 94% fewer calories than sugar. It also has lower gastrointestinal side effects compared to other sugar alcohols.
Stevia leaf extract and monk fruit extract: These extracts of fruit from the monk tree and leaves from the stevia plant provide sweetness with fewer calories than sugar.
Tapioca fiber: Sourced from the root of the cassava plant, this digestion-resistant starch functions like fiber and helps create a more pleasant mouthfeel in BĒA .
- Hursel R, Viechtbauer W, Dulloo AG, et al. The effects of catechin rich teas and caffeine on energy expenditure and fat oxidation: a meta-analysis. Obes Rev. 2011 12:e573-81.
- Dietz C, Dekker M. Effect of Green Tea Phytochemicals on Mood and Cognition. Curr Pharm Des. 2017;23(19):2876-2905. doi: 10.2174/1381612823666170105151800.
- Choudhary D, Bhattacharyya S, Bose S. Efficacy and Safety of Ashwagandha (Withania somnifera (L.) Dunal) Root Extract in Improving Memory and Cognitive Functions. J Diet Suppl. 2017 Nov 2;14(6):599-612. doi:10.1080/19390211.2017.1284970.
- Wankhede S, Langade D, Joshi K, et al. Examining the effect of Withania somnifera supplementation on muscle strength and recovery: a randomized controlled trial. J Int Soc Sports Nutr. 2015 Nov 25;12:43. doi:10.1186/s12970-015-0104-9.